06 June, 2010
Xius Range Search
One of the most awaited feature of JoomlaXi User Search is available
with the Stable release. Through range search User can search with a
range of input condition.
Currently Rangesearch Supports only <strong>Date field</strong>.
Means Rangesearch can search only through the Date type field. For
- Search according to age can be performed through Birth Day field.
- You can search for the user who have been registered from
particular year range through Register Date.
How to Use Range Search
Currently Range search only support for date type field. Let take an
example of searching users according to their Age range. For that you
need to follows as-
- Create a field of Birth Day for users to fill up their date of
- Create an information with the Birth Day field for searching users.
If you don't want to allow user to search through Birth Day date, then
you can make it published but it is mandatory to create information
with this field.
- Now create another information with Rangesearch plugin.
- Click on Create Information.
- Select the Rangesearch Plugin and click on Next.
- All the information will be listed in the drop down box,
whether the information is published or not.
- Select the Respective Date field ( Birth Day in this case).
and click on Next Button.
- Give the value to parameters as you want and click on
- Now user can search by Age range byu giving the minimum age and
maximum age in two different field from front-end.
Note: - In upcoming releases of XIUS , Rangesearch will also support
for integer type field also.