16 October, 2009
What is coming in 2.0
With last 2 months review and user's demand we are propsing significant
changes into JomSocial ProfileTypes next major version. The next
version will be 2.0, because we are proposing lots of changes in the
way system works. I am writing down all expected changes and expect all
of you to participate in finalizing the features list.
- Seperate administration backend from JomSocial
- Mass Messaging as per profiletype
profiletypes removed with lots and lots of
- Invisible profiletypes
- Profiletype can be edited from backend, JomSocial user manager
- Templates will be hack-free : It will help you to use various
template without issue
- A seperate API will be published, for the events related to
profiletypes, thus 3rd party developer can integrate easily.
- Global JomSocial configuration can be different for every
profiletype. (If user is logged in, then configuration will be used as
per his profiletype)
- Integrate profiletype during facebook integration.
- Few API Events (onProfileTypeUpdate, onProfileFieldLoad,
onACLViolation, onConfigurationLoad), you can suggest more.
Important Changes in Features (Please discuss these, if we have
removed something critical)
- Only JomSocial 1.5+ releases will be supported
- No more front-end editing of users
- Removal of profiletype display in tooltip
- Hacks will be reduced to less than 10 files, i.e. reducing it to
40% of current position.
- Disable fields related to those group which don't have permission
to that profiletype user who is using it.
- Expected First Trial Kit : Alpha Release
October 8 November 2009
- Beta Release :
- Stable release :
Please discuss here your views.