26 March, 2020
How can the COVID-19 Coronavirus Symptom based Self Assessment Test be helpful for us?
What is COVID-19?
CoronaVirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that spreads from one person to another. The causative virus is called SARS-CoV-2 (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2). It is a new exertion of coronavirus that was not previously identified in humans.
It was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China, affecting other parts of China and soon cases were detected in several other countries.
How does COVID-19 get spread?
The virus probably emerged from an animal source but is now spreading from person to person. When an infected person coughs, sneezes or talks, they may spread droplets containing the virus which quickly settles on the surrounding area.
The person can get infected by touching those surfaces or objects and then touching their eyes, mouth or nose.
What are the symptoms?
- Dry Cough
- Shortness of breath
These symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common like flu or cold, so it is hard to differentiate whether you have COVID-19 or not.
The symptoms of COVID-19 may appear within 2 to 14 days.
The COVID-19 Web App will ask you a few simple questions which will help you to identify whether you are affected by the virus or not and what precautions you have to take at home.
- It will let you know about the CoronaVirus.
- The web app is in two languages. You can change the app language according to your preference.
- Precautions you need to take.
- Test Yourself By taking the quiz.
- Answer the questions according to your health symptoms.
- The result will show what precaution you have to take according to your answers. You can also directly call on the provided helpline number.
You can take a test for Coronavirus Symptoms by answering a few simple questions. Please follow the link https://covid19.readybytes.in
How to protect yourself and others?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20-30 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home and keep a distance from other people when you are sick.
- Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue then throw it in the dustbin.
- If you are sick you should wear a facemask when you are around people.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
What you need to do ?
“ If you think you are affected by COVID-19 and have similar symptoms, you may need to seek medical attention. Before going to a health care provider, hospital, clinic or emergency reem, call ahead to describe your symptoms and also let them know how you have been exposed to the virus. You can call 24x7 on 011-2397 8046 for emergencies. “